Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Trilobite
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 000091
- Summary: Dalmanites cephalon in limestone from Dudley Silurian c425my
- Description: Dalmanites myops (Konig 1825) This cephalon has a fracture on the left side and the end of the right genal spine is broken. It is surrounded by a typical Wenlock death assemblage with some good bryozoa. WG 19/03/09
- Field Collection Place: Wren's Nest?, Dudley, West Midlands, UK.
- Geological Complex:
- Dalmanites myops
- Associated Period:
- Silurian - Wenlock - Homerian - Much Wenlock Limestone Formation
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service