Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Trilobite
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 000766
- Summary: Fossil Leonaspis trilobite cast set onto Wenlock limestone matrix from Dudley.
- Description: Odontopleuridae: Leonaspis coronata (Salter 1853) Fossil Leonaspis limestone Dudley Silurian c425my complete cast. See also DB 70 : See Correspondence file for 09.07.1990 - 12.07.1990. Cast set into slab of Nodular Member limestone from Wrens Nest using Crystocal and limestone powder. Prepared in Museum Conservation Room. WG 05/11/09
- Field Collection Place: Dudley, West Midlands, UK
- Geological Complex:
- Leonaspis coronata (Salter 1853)
- Associated Period:
- Silurian - Wenlock
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service