We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Fossil bark
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 005462
- Summary: Fossil bark, calamites from the carboniferous rocks of Wednesbury.
- Description: Three different pieces of Calamites and a number of Neuropteris leaves the largtest of which is 34mm x 12mm, one of the lengths of calamites has 10 visible joints, each roughly 10mm long perhaps signifying one species while the other two pieces of calamites do not have any visible joints. Matrix is probably an ironstone nodule from the south staffordshire coal seam, it has a typically variably zoned red-brown colour. AW
- Field Collection Place: Holyhead road, Tipton, England
- Dimensions: 146mm x 89mm x 81mm
- Colour: Red
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service