We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: fossil plant
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 005913
- Summary: Two fossil plants, Neuropteris heterophylla and Mariopteris sp.
- Description: This sample contains the leaves of two fossil plant species from the carboniferous rocks of the black country. The first, is Neuropteris heterophylla, the leaves of this species are rounded, densely packed against the stem and feature grooves that radiate out from the base of the leaf. The seond species present is Mariopteris sp. the leaves of this species are much smaller, only 3mm in length it has a more typical leaf shape and more of the branching stem structure is visible. This sample was collected by Alan Cutler from the Middle Coal Measures of the Hurst Open cast in Netherton. AW
- Field Collection Place: Netherton Hill open cast, Netherton, England
- Dimensions: 85mm x 53mm x 8mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service