Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Fossil plant
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 005915
- Summary: Calamites suckowii, fossil plant stem.
- Description: The fossil Calamites suckowii is a bullrush like plant with ridges running up its length and horizontal joints in the style of bamboo. The stem material is orange coloured the same way as the surrounding rock the thickness of the outer stem is 2mm in thickness, it was found in Moxley by Thomas Williams. AW
- Field Collection Place: Moxley, West Midlands, England
- Dimensions: 46mm x 43mm x 31mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Calamites suckowii
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service