We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Plant leaves
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 005996
- Summary: Asterotheca abreviata fossil plant leaves.
- Description: The sample has a stem with a number of fossil leaves of Asterotheca abreviata on both sides, the largest of these leaves is 16mm x 6mm they all have ridges running radially from the base of the leaf where it attaches to the plant stem. The sample is a fine grained sandstone with a substaitail break in it, this has been repaired using an adhesive of some sort. AW
- Field Collection Place: Netherton Hill Opencast, Netherton, Dudley, West Midlands England
- Dimensions: 71mm x 68mm x 10mm
- Colour: Black
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous, Pennsylvanian Westphalian b, Middle Coal Measures
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service