We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Plant leaves
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 005998
- Summary: A jumbled mass of fossil Neuropteris macrophylla leaves.
- Description: The leaves of the fossil plant Neuropteris macrophylla unattached to branches the leaves form a disorganised mass lying on a bedding plane within the sample. The largest of the leaves is 25mm x 8mm, leaves are seen on both sides of the sample, on the rear there is an oval impression in the rock possibly a seed of some kind 8mm x 5mm, on the top are some blade like leaves of another Cordaites sp. AW
- Field Collection Place: Netherton Hill Opencast, Netherton, Dudley, West Midlands England
- Dimensions: 150mm x 100mm x 18mm
- Colour: Black
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous, Pennsylvanian Westphalian b, Middle Coal Measures
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service