Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Carbonate Mineral
- ObjectNumber: 007167
- Summary: A botryoidal example of Malachite
- Description: The Malachite specimen is botryoidal and has variable green circular patterns on the surface. It has been polished on the surface leaving a glassy lustre. This is a copper ore mineral and measures 260mm x 180mm x 230mm.
- Field Collection Place: Congo, Copper Belt, Zaire, South Africa
- Dimensions: 260mm x 180mm x 230mm
- Colour: Green
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service