Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Fish Scale
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 008710
- Summary: A fossil fish scale from an unidentified Carboniferous fish.
- Description: An unidentified fish scale from Dibdale. The specimen is an impression in a organic rich black mudstone. Faint lines and bumps can be seen of the fossil cast. Collected from the Black shales 0.5m above the Heathen Coal. CB
- Field Collection Place: Open cast/ landfill site, Burton Road, Dibdale, Dudley (near), West Midlands, UK
- Colour: Black
- Geological Complex:
- Fish sp.
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous (Upper) - Silesian - Westphalian B
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service