Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Gastropod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 011040
- Summary: Gastropod known as Poleumita funatus from Dudley
- Description: The Poleumita funatus is brown in colour and has large growth lines and ribs on the shell.
- Field Collection Place: Dudley, West Midlands, UK
- Geological Complex:
- Euomphalidae & Poleumita funatus Sowerby Omphalotrochidae & Omphalotrochus discors (Sowerby)
- Associated Period:
- Silurian - Wenlock - Homerian - Much Wenlock Limestone Formation
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service