Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Mammal
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 013543
- Summary: A sectioned tusk of a Mammuthus primigenius from Russia
- Description: The Mammuthus primigenius tusk has been sawn in half to reveal the inner structure and growth lines. The outer surface has been polished.
- Field Collection Place: Siberia, Russia
- Geological Complex:
- Proboscidae & Mammuthus primigenius
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service