We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Stromatoporid
- ObjectNumber: 015473
- Summary: A well preserved fossil Stromatopora sp. which is approximately 425 million years old.
- Description: A complete Stromatopora sp. measuring (60mm x 35mm x 21mm). The specimen is dark grey in colour and has a pale grey micrite cement on its flanks. The specimen has a domed shape with an undulating surface. The base of the specimen displays concentric growth lines, and bryozoa which grew on the specimen as mats. This specimen was collected from the Wrens Nest, Dudley, West Midlands. CB
- Field Collection Place: Wrens Nest Dudley West Midlands UK
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service