Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Sedimentary Rock
- ObjectNumber: 015698
- Summary: A specimen of a Conglomerate also called pudding stone
- Description: The conglomerate is fine grained matrix supported with many well rounded and well sorted clasts, therefore ot is texturally mature. The clasts are red due to a high iron oxide content, and are fractured.
- Field Collection Place: ?Somerset, UK
- Geological Complex:
- Conglomerate (pudding stone)
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service