Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Sedimentary Rock
- Object Name: Rock
- ObjectNumber: 017295
- Summary: A Basal Conglomerate from Shropshire.
- Description: Basal Conglomerate. Light grey matrix containing large rounded pink clasts and smaller light green clasts of nknown rock type. Collected on a field trip to the Ercal with Spencer Matter. (170 mm x 120 mm x 110 mm). Collected from GR SJ 642095. HM/KH 09/09/2010
- Field Collection Place: Ercal Quarry, The Wrekin, Shropshire, UK GR SJ 642095
- Dimensions: 170 mm x 120 mm x 110 mm
- Geological Complex:
- Basal Conglomerate
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service