Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Sponge
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: 018857
- Summary: Fossil sponge Porosphaera globularis ?
- Description: A fossil sponge known as Porosphaera globularis from the Upper Cretaceous Chalk at Eastbourne. The specimen is cone shaped with an opening at the apex. Surface of fossil is worn some traces of pores visible. LT
- Field Collection Place: Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
- Dimensions: 36mm x 34mm x 34mm
- Colour: White
- Geological Complex:
- Porosphaera globularis ?
- Associated Period:
- Cretaceous - Upper
- For more information contact: Dudley Museums Service