We think Geology Matters, do you?
Plant - Lycopod
- Object Name: Plant - Lycopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- Object Name: Sigillaria sp.
- ObjectNumber: GL1295
- Summary: Fossil Lycopod bark called Sigillaria sp. from the Carboniferous coal measures which is approximately 328 million years old
- Description: A fossil Lycopod bark called Sigillaria sp. which is dark grey in colour. The bark is made up of linked rectangular leaves measuring 5mm x 4mm up to 9mm x 4mm in size. In the center of these is a small hole. They form rows which run parallel to one another. A small section measuring 39mm x 61mm runs at a slightly different angle to the main part of the bark. The one edge of the specimen shows thin parallel lines. On the back of the specimen there is a smooth area with a label within it. The specimen has been varnished. AR 14/04/2010
- Inscription: Label; White; Coal Measures Nottingham
- Dimensions: 152mm x 88mm x 17mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennysilvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service