Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Plant
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1367
- Summary: A split ironstone nodule containing a Neuropteris sp. fossil plant.
- Description: One half of this brown coloured ironstone nodule collected from the coal measures has been split and shows a black coloured Neuropteris sp. plant fossil. The fossil has a number of fairly well preserved leaves with veins/pinnules. CB 15/12/2011
- Dimensions: 35mm x 25mm x 8mm
- Colour: Black
- Geological Complex:
- Neuropteris sp.
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennsylvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service