We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Plant
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1370
- Summary: A split ironstone nodule containing a Neuropteris sp. fossil plant.
- Description: One half of this grey coloured elongated ironstone nodule collected from the coal measures has been split and shows a black coloured Neuropteris sp. plant fossil. The fossil has twenty complete and well preserved leaves with veins/pinnules, alternating either side of the stem. CB 15/12/2011
- Inscription: In ink on outside of nodule reads 'N. Cordata CM Poynton' very faint.
- Dimensions: 81mm x 41mm x 14mm
- Colour: Black
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennsylvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service