We think Geology Matters, do you?
Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1385
- Summary: A fossil pteridosperm plant called Alethopteris lonchitila which is approximately 305 million years old.
- Description: An incomplete fossil pteridosperm plant which has been identified as Alethopteris lonchitila. The specimen is fairly well preserved. The leaves of the plant can be seen as a cast and measure up to 26mm in length. They are within a brown ironstone nodule. This was collected from the Westphalian Coal Measures. AR 13/09/2011.
- Dimensions: Fossil - 72mm x 41mm; nodule - 81mm x 45mm x 11mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennsylvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service