We think Geology Matters, do you?
Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1386
- Summary: A fossil pteridosperm plant called Alethopteris lonchitila which is approximately 305 million years old.
- Description: An incomplete fossil pteridosperm plant which has been identified as Alethopteris lonchitila. The specimen is fairly well preserved. The grey leaves of the plant can be seen and measure up to 22mm in length. They are within a brown ironstone nodule. This was collected from the Westphalian Coal Measures. AR 13/09/2011.
- Dimensions: Fossil - 52mm x 34mm; nodule - 63mm x 51mm x 15mm
- Colour: Brown Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennsylvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service