We think Geology Matters, do you?
Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1390
- Summary: A fossil pteridosperm plant called Alethopteris sp. which is approximately 305 million years old.
- Description: An incomplete fossil pteridosperm plant which has been identified as Alethopteris sp.. The specimen is poorly preserved and brown in colour. The individual leaves can be seen on the specimen. This is part of a frond. The specimen is within an ironstone nodule. This was collected from the Coal Measures. AR 19/09/2011.
- Dimensions: 55mm x 33mm x 16mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennsylvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service