We think Geology Matters, do you?
Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1391
- Summary: A fossil pteridosperm plant called Alethopteris sp. which is approximately 305 million years old.
- Description: An incomplete frond of a pteridosperm plant. The specimen is fairly well preserved and grey in colour. The specimen is in two parts a and b. Part b is the cast. The fossil is part of a frond of a pteridosperm with leaves measuring up to16mm in length. The fossil is within a ironstone nodule. This was collected from the Coal Measures. AR 19/09/2011.
- Dimensions: a - 30mm x 24mm x 5mm; b - 31mm x 29mm x 10mm
- Colour: Brown Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Pennsylvanian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service