We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL1711
- Summary: An internal mould of an unidentified fossil Ammonite sp. which is approximately 190 million years old
- Description: An internal mould of an unidentified fossil Ammonite sp.. The specimens external shell has been dissolved away, leaving an internal cast of dog tooth spar calcite crystals within the cavity. The crystals are upto 2mm long, with a circular ridge along the centre of the fossil. The specimen is preserved within a pale grey lime mud matrix, with an original label. AR/CB 07/06/2010
- Inscription: Original label; Stamp paper; From the rail track - ....? of Harbury, Warwickshire 1900.
- Dimensions: Fossil - 69mm x 62mm x 27mm; Matrix - 84mm x 72mm x 48mm
- Colour: Brown Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Jurassic - Lower - Lias - Lower - Sinemurian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service