We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Belemnite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Object Name: Belemnites compressus?
- ObjectNumber: GL2040
- Summary: Fossil belemnite called Belemnites compressus? which is approximately 185 million years old
- Description: A fossil belemnite specimen identified as Belemnites compressus? This specimen is mounted on a board with glue and another specimen has been removed. The dark grey belemnite has a fracture in the centre. There is one broken end and the other end narrows to a point. CB 30/04/2010
- Inscription: Original label on board: Fraser Geological Bequest; BELEMNITES COMPRESSUS; Lias; Whitby
- Dimensions: 92mm x 19mm x 12mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service