We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Bivalve
- Object Name: Fossil
- Object Name: Lopha marshii
- ObjectNumber: GL2533
- Summary: Fossil bivalve called Lopha marshii which is approximately 170 million years old
- Description: The preserved remains of a Lopha marshii bivalve. The specimen is significantly covered by a pale brown mud on its surface with small shelly fragments. The mouth of the specimen has a zig-zag appearance and well defined growth lines. The ribs form large ridges around the mouth. The fossil has an original label which has been torn. AR/CB 15/04/2010
- Inscription: Original torn label on Stamp paper; I.O....
- Dimensions: 96mm x 92mm x 46mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service