We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Gastropod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL527
- Summary: A fossil gastropod identified as Bembexia lloydia from Dudley.
- Description: The specimen is a gastropod known as Bembexia lloydia. The fossil has ten ridges running along the outer whorl, with finer growth lines across the ridges. The outher shell has pale grey lime mud cements cemented to the outside of the shell. This was collected by Dr fraser in 1894.
- Inscription: Original label on specimen (stamp paper) `Lloydia Murchinsonia 1894 Wren's Nest'.
- Dimensions: 32mm x 26mm x 17mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Silurian - Wenlock - Homerian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service