We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Trilobite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Object Name: Calymene blumenbachii
- ObjectNumber: GL601
- Summary: A fossil trilobite known as Calymene blumenbachii from Dudley.
- Description: This trilobite is more commonly known as the 'Dudley Bug'. The fossil is complete and located on a dark grey fine grained matrix. The front right section of the cephalon (head) has been squahed. The central part of the glabella has a small section missing. All of the thoracic segments are complete. On the matrix there is a small patch of yellow/brown glue/resin. There are some small fragmented fossils within the matrix. AR/CB 16/04/2010
- Dimensions: Fossil - 45mm x 29mm x 9mm; Matrix - 90mm x 76mm x 32mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service