Browse older articles by clicking on a category or tag below to find articles of interest.
TagsActivities Ammonites BCGS Bivalves Black Country Brachiopods Canals Christmas Climate change Collecting collections Collectors Dinosaurs Dud Dudley Dudley Earth history Earthquake Extinct Fossils geological maps Geology Glacial Ice Age Identification Igneous rocks Italy Limestone Microfossils Minerals mines Mining Murchison Museums Places Rocks Seven Sisters Societies The Dudley Bug Trilobites Vesuvius Video volcano volcanoes Workshops Wrens Nest
Join usIf you share our passion for geology why not join us by becoming a member of the Black Country Geological Society
- Object Name: Bivalve
- Object Name: Goniophora cymbaeformis
- ObjectNumber: GL659
- Summary: A fossil bivalve called Goniophora cymbaeformis which is approximately 420 million years old.
- Description: A fossil bivalve identified as Goniophora cymbaeformis. The specimen is complete. The growth lines can be seen towards the centre of the specimen which is grey in colour. In places a pale grey fine grained matrix covers the specimen. This specimen was previously identified as Orthonata Amyedalina by Dr John Fraser. AR 05/05/2011
- Dimensions: 22mm x 13mm x 7mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Goniophora cymbaeformis
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service