We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Trace fossil
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL696
- Summary: A sandstone cast of a footprint made by an unidentified Tetrapod sp.
- Description: A well preserved footprint cast made by a unknown species of Tetrapod sp. The footprint is a cast made in medium grained micaceous sandstone, rich in muscovite mica formed during diagenesis. The footprint shows two clear pointed toes, with a two other poorly preserved toe casts. They may have been made by a amphibious creature. AR/CB 17/05/2010
- Dimensions: Fossil - Approx 158mm x 145mm x 12mm; Matrix - 205mm x 152mm x 44mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service