We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL796
- Summary: A fossil brachiopod called Buxtonia scabricula which is approximately 340 million years old.
- Description: A complete fossil brachiopod which has been identified as Buxtonia scabricula. The specimen is brown in colour. The specimen has got fine ribs which is covered by a fine grained matrix near the beak. The brachiopod was collected from the Carboniferous Limestone Series. AR 28/06/2011
- Inscription: Original label (stamp paper, purple edge).
- Dimensions: 25mm x 22mm x 9mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service