We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL826
- Summary: This specimen is a well preserved Daviesiella llangollensis brachiopod fossil from Wales.
- Description: A fossil Daviesiella llangollensis brachiopod which is preserved in limestone. The dorsal valve has a groove running through the centre and has very fine ribs on the surface. Part of the valve is missing revealing the internal cast and muscle scars on the underside. CB 16/6/11
- Inscription: Original label on specimen (white, oblong, black margin) `P. Llangollensis, Eglwyseg Rock's, Llangollen'.
- Dimensions: 63mm x 55mm x 32mm
- Colour: Brown
- Geological Complex:
- Daviesiella llangollensis
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian - Dinantian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service