We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL828
- Summary: This specimen is a well preserved Daviesiella llangollensis brachiopod fossil from Wales.
- Description: A fossil Daviesiella llangollensis brachiopod which is preserved in limestone. The ventral valve has very fine ribs on the surface and a lip on the mouth. Part of the valve edges is missing but the internal structure showing muscle scars is visible on the underside. CB 16/6/11
- Inscription: Original label on specimen (stamp paper, purple margin) `Productus Llangooledsis, Eglwyseg Rock's, Llangollen 1892'.
- Dimensions: 83mm x 80mm x 40mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Daviesiella llangollensis
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian - Dinantian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service