We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL831
- Summary: A fossil brachiopod called Stratifera striata which is approximately 340 million years old.
- Description: An incomplete fossil brachiopod which has been identified as Stratifera striata. This specimen has been poorly preserved and only part of a valve is present. The brachiopod is pale grey in colour. Some of the ribs are present. The edges along the mouth are broken. The beak is elongated. This specimen was collected from the Carboniferous Limestone Series. AR 16/06/2011
- Dimensions: 53mm x 51mm x 22mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service