We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL896
- Summary: A fossil brachiopod called Pugnax acuminatus which is approximately 340 million years old.
- Description: A complete fossil brachiopod which has been identified as Pugnax acuminatus. The specimen is fairly well preserved and grey in colour. The specimen has a large fold which is covered in a pale grey fine grained matrix. This specimen was collected from the Carboniferous Limestone Series. 16/06/2011
- Inscription: Original label (stamp paper, brown margin) `Spirifera acuminata, Carb. Limes. Clitheroe 1892'.
- Dimensions: 42mm x 46mm x 28mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service