We think Geology Matters, do you?
Coral - Rugose
- Object Name: Coral - Rugose
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL941
- Summary: Two fossil rugose corals called Zaphrentis sp. from Bristol.
- Description: The Zaphrentis sp. solitary corals are cut and polished on one face. The pale horn corals are visible on the polished face surrounded by a circular dark matrix containing crinoid ossicles. There is a torn off label on the base. CB 16/6/11
- Inscription: Remains of glue and previous mounting card on back of specimen.
- Dimensions: Fossils - 15mm x 14mm and 15mm x 11mm; Matrix - 60mm x 18mm
- Colour: Black
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian - Dinantian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service