We think Geology Matters, do you?
Coral - Rugose
- Object Name: Coral - Rugose
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: GL945
- Summary: A Carboniferous rugose coral called Cyathophyllum sp.
- Description: The solitary rugose fossil identified as a Cyathophyllum or a Dibunophyllum sp. coral is incomplete and preserved in a limestone with small brachiopod fossils. The septa can be seen throughout the specimen and the top face has been cut and polished. Growth rings are present on the grey polished face with original label. CB 16/6/11
- Inscription: Original Label Cyathophyllum stu....? Carb, Limestone.
- Dimensions: 42mm x 39mm x 22mm
- Colour: Grey
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Carboniferous - Mississippian - Dinantian
- For more information contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service