We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Glacial erratic
- Object Name: Striations on a glacial pebble
- ObjectNumber: Geology Temp 4
- Summary: Striations on a glacial pebble from Oldham and Pleistocene in age.
- Description: Glacial striations on a pebble. The specimen is a fine grained sandstone with many grooves on its surfaces. The well rounded pebble is narrower on one side, possibly shaped by the ice flow. There is iron oxide staining on the outer surface of the sandstone. The striations are orientated along the length of the pebble and are up to 88mm x 1mm. There are three grooves running perpendicular (90 degrees) to the other striations. AR/CB
- Dimensions: Pebble - 182mm x 116mm x 36mm
- Colour: Brown
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Sandwell Museums