We think Geology Matters, do you?
- Object Name: Bryozoan
- Object Name: Fossil
- ObjectNumber: WEDSD : 1992.244
- Summary: A fossil Ptilodictya sp. which is approximately 435 million years old.
- Description: A very rare fossil Ptilodictya sp. which is well preserved. The bryozoa is long and thin with a flattened profile and a slight curve. A net-like texture forms the surface of the fossil itself. Both ends have been broken off and some fractures are present along the length of the specimen. Secondary bryozoa are present on the surface. The specimen is on a slab of fine grained grey lime mud matrix. This specimen is Silurian aged and from West Bromwich, West Midlands. AR/CB
- Dimensions: Fossil - 274mm x 6mm x 1mm; Matrix - 32mm x 79mm x 35mm
- Colour: Brown
- Associated Period:
- For more information contact: Sandwell Museums